Radon Test Fee Policies
Any fees paid with your radon test are subject to the below policies. This includes Lab Rush Fees, New Jersey Regulatory Fees, LabTech Analysis Fees, and Canada Analysis Fees.
Lab Rush Service
- NOTE: Lab Rush Service is intended to be purchased by the time the test is shipped to our lab. It is not always possible to add rush after shipping. If possible, additional fees will apply.
- Lab Rush Service Guarantee: If the RUSH box on your Return Mailer is clearly and visibly marked for RUSH, your report will be completed the same business day if the test is received by 10 a.m., or the next business day if received after 10 a.m. Large shipments of 50 or more test kits may require additional processing time.
- We do not guarantee a valid result for your test, only that analysis will be completed and a report will be sent to you. We do not offer refunds for tests which are invalid.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to provide an email address or fax number to send the report to. We are not responsible for any delay if an invalid, illegible, or undeliverable email or fax address is provided to us. If no email or fax address is provided, your report will be sent via mail and may take up to 6 weeks to arrive. Our promise is that we will send your report to the requested email/fax/address within the promised timeline; we do not guarantee that you will receive it. Exception: If you do not receive your report due to a laboratory error, such as us sending the report to the wrong email address, we will refund your fee.
- Once complete, test reports can be downloaded online at aelabs.com/results. We recommend you download your report online if you do not receive it via email or fax promptly.
- If the provided Return Mailer is not clearly and visibly marked for RUSH, your test may encounter delays. We do not offer refunds for delays due to a failure to follow instructions and clearly mark the mailer for RUSH.
- If we fail to complete your report by the promised time, we will refund your fee.
- If your test is invalid, we will offer a free replacement kit and provide a voucher for free Lab Rush Service.
Unmarked Lab Rush Service
- If the RUSH box on the Return Mailer was not clearly marked for Rush, or if you wish to add Rush to your test after it has been shipped, this is considered an Unmarked Rush as is subject to the policies in this section. The policies in the Lab Rush Service section above also apply.
- If payment was enclosed with the test when shipped but the Return Mailer was not visibly marked for rush, your test will encounter delays, typically at least 1-2 business days but occasionally longer.
- This is because the Lab cannot open the mailer until after the first stage of analysis is complete (to prevent contamination of your test and to ensure accurate results).
- Once the mailer can be opened, your test will receive Lab Rush service, but there will be a delay.
- If you need us to locate and expedite your test to avoid the delay, you will need to pay the Location Fee.
- If your test has been shipped and you wish to add Lab Rush Service, you will need to pay the Location Fee.
- Location fees are $40 per test. Your total charge will be $50 per test ($10 for rush, $40 for location). Location fees paid are non-refundable. We will not search for a test unless you can provide both the Test Kit Serial # and a shipment Tracking # which confirms delivery in the lab. Locating a test is very time consuming as we receive over a thousand tests daily.
- To best serve all customers, we reserve the right to refuse to locate a test if conditions do not allow. During high volume times (winter months), we may be unable to provide this service.
New Jersey, LabTech, and Canada Fees
- If applicable to your test, these fees are required and will be charged whether the test is valid or invalid.
- New Jersey Regulatory fees are required for any Short Term Radon test completed in the state of New Jersey. This fee is required due to the substantial fees charged by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection; the New Jersey DEP charges our lab for every test analyzed in New Jersey.
- Canada Analysis Fees are required for tests sold in Canada. These fees are used to overnight tests from Welland, Ontario to our lab in Texas. Your instructions will indicate if this fee is required.
- LabTech Analysis fees are required for all LabTech RadonOK test kits. The fee is payable to our laboratory for the cost of analyzing the test kit. LabTech kits are sold at lower retail prices, so an analysis fee is required.
- If your test is invalid, we will offer a free replacement kit and waive the fee(s) on your new test.